expdp - Exporting database with date stamp in the dump file name

Exporting database with date stamp in the dump file name


Taking backup of Oracle database using expdp utility.

This creates a dump in the specified directory which can be used to restore in some other server.

Logon to the server using ssh/telnet with user as oracle

           connect as sysdba

            $sqlplus "/as sysdba"             

          Create directory where the backup dump is to be exported.  In this case it is the file system '/datadump' 

             SQL> create directory bkpexp_dir as '/datadump';
            SQL> exit

         Now run export command to take export full backup.

$ expdp /  full=Y  directory=bkpexp_dir dumpfile=export-`date '+%d%m%Y.dmp'`  logfile=export-`date '+%d%m%Y.log'`

1 Comments

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

  1. sir the above post is useful for me, i request you to kindly post the method to take incremental and differential backup

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post