How to kill Oracle Client processes in Linux O/S , Shell script to Kill oracle sessions

How to kill Oracle Client processes in Linux O/S 


1.  First and foremost you need to logon to the Linux server O/S level.

2. The oracle client sessions are identified by the following command .

$ps -ef |grep LOCAL=NO  

Here LOCAL=NO means the Oracle client connections.

Shell script to Kill oracle sessions


3. The following is the shell script that kills all the Oracle client session in one go.

$for i in `ps -ef |grep LOCAL=NO |awk '{print $2}'`; do `kill -9 $i`; done



1 Comments

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

  1. haribabugundu@gmail.com14 July 2023 at 00:35

    sir, is there any relation between OS cores and no of processes set in DB

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post