dbms_ijob grant is hanging due to lock


Problem

SQL>grant execute on sys.dbms_ijob to portalpay;
 
this is hanging unable to acquire lock on DBMS_IJOB
 
 
Solution
 
SQL>SELECT * FROM DBA_2PC_PENDING;
 
 
Purge all the transactions using the following command
 
 
SQL>Execute DBMS_TRANSACTION.PURGE_LOST_DB_ENTRY ('5.26.68163');
 
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
SQL>commit;
 
 
Commit complete.
SQL>grant execute on sys.dbms_ijob to portalpay;
 
Grant succeeded.
 
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post