ORA-09925 When connecting to sqlplus on the server


Problem


# sqlplus "/as sysdba"

 
SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jan 9 13:31:06 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

 
ERROR:

ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file

Linux Error: 13: Permission denied

Additional information: 9925

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
 
 
Solution
 
 
You may be connecting to sqlplus from # prompt  -- as root
Exit and connect to sqlplus from $ prompt   -- login as oracle
 
 
 

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post