ORA-12170 on windows 2003


The listener service log on account is different than the database service.





Use the same log-on account for both listener and the database service.
To change the log on account of the listener service -
Click on Start -> Run and type services.msc
In services panel right click on the the Oracle listener service name.
Select Properties -> Log On
Change the log on account same as of the database service.
Save and restart the listener.
 



Tnsping ok
Ping ok

Solution

On the server

Start -> run -> services.msc

Searched for    “OracleTNSlistener”

Take properties  ->  log on  tab ->  This account ->  user: administrator  password : pwd confirm : pwd

restart the listener.  
 
This solved the problem

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post