OUI-10020:The target area /oracle/10gR2/oraInventory is being used by another session




While using OUI it fails with following message,
OUI-10020:The target area /oracle/10gR2/oraInventory is being used by another session. A write lock cannot be obtained.



Action

 

Cause of The Problem
There is some process or software that holds lock on the /oracle/10gR2/oraInventory file. Until that software release lock OUI continues to display message OUI-10020.


Solution of The Problem
1.Go to the oraInventory directory.
$cd /oracle/10gR2/oraInventory

2. See the contents of it.
$ls /oracle/10gR2/oraInventory
You will see the locks directory here.

3.Go to the lock directory and delete the read lock under the directory.
$cd locks
$ rm /oracle/10gR2/oraInventory/locks/reader0.lock

$ rm writer.lock

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post