How To Find If The Oracle Client Software Is 32-Bit Or 64-Bit




You can find whether Oracle Client Software is 32-Bit or 64-Bit by using the following :

Check for the directories :

1) $ORACLE_HOME/lib32
2) $ORACLE_HOME/lib

%  ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/lib32
%  ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/lib


If the two directories $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 and $ORACLE_HOME/lib are existing then it is 64 bit client.


If there is only an ORACLE_HOME/lib directory then it is 32 bit client.

On Linux the above method can be used or it can also be checked from the "uname -a" command

1)  If the Operating System (OS) is x86 then the client installed is 32 bit.
2)  If the OS is X86-64 then the client installed is 64 bit. 


This is because , on Linux you can only install 32 bit client on 32 bit OS and 64 bit client on 64 OS

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post