ORA-02020: too many database links in use

ORA-02020: too many database links in use


$oerr ora 2020

02020, 00000, "too many database links in use"
// *Cause:  The current session has exceeded the INIT.ORA open_links maximum.
// *Action: Increase the open_links limit, or free up some open links by
// committing or rolling back the transaction and canceling open
// cursors that reference remote databases.

If you are using dblink in a for loop then  commit or rollback immediately after the statement containing the dblink as per the requirement.

This will resolve the issue.

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post