ORA-14452: attempt to create, alter or drop an index on temporary table already in use


drop table temp_table;
drop table temp_table
           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14452: attempt to create, alter or drop an index on temporary table already in use


This will happen when trying to drop a temporary table in the same session in which some DML activity is done on the same table.

Disconnect from the session and reconnect and try to Drop the table

SQL>disc
Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options



Connect again

SQL>drop table temp_table;

Table dropped.

Post a Comment

And that's all there is to it!

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future How To posts, you can either ask them in the comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.

Previous Post Next Post